Eyinade Olusegun Adewal
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomosho, Nigeria
Eyinade Olusegun Adewale, is a Senior consultant and Associate Professor at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, Oyo State, Nigeria. Have passion in improving health care and wellbeing of the community, he have build model after year of in Research, Evaluation and teaching both in hospital and medical institution
Behavioral addiction refers to several mental health conditions in which a person engage in a particular behavior repeatedly; even if the behavior cause them harm-it may seem as if they simply cannot resist engaging in it. While alcoholism addiction is a serious medical disease with signs and symptoms that vary depending on the amount and frequency of consumption .sign and symptoms of behavioral and alcoholism addiction include :
- Preoccupation with the behavior
- Diminished ability to control behavior
- Building up a tolerance to the behavior so the behavior is needed more often or in grater intensity to get the desire gratification.
- Loss of control over amount consumed once they begin drinking.
- Regular inattention of family and professional obligations.
- Dangerous behaviors that carry risk of legal, financial and health consequences for themselves and others.
- Insomnia, which may be followed by oversleeping.
- Increase in expressions of anger or other emotions especially in inappropriate setting.
Conclusion and Significant: Progressive increase in frequency and quantity of alcohol consumption can begin to produce more serious medical symptoms of alcoholism. A person can reach a level of intoxication that can become a life threatening i.e. Alcohol poisoning which can make the respiratory system become depressed and make one stop Breathing. Alcohol abuse can make drinking a central activity of one’s life, displacing healthy activity and relationship resulting in negative consequences. Ideally ,people suffering from behavioral addiction will receive multiple forms of treatment, for example in inpatient setting ,you will participate in one-on-one therapy session ,groups therapy skill building activities and coping skill development .This diverse therapeutics approach offers the greatest chance of success beating a behavioral addiction